5 0 5 3 9k
Not all companies do charity just because they want to look good. Some use their resources selflessly trying to help someone who needs it, like feeding the homeless, helping the unemployed with job interviews, giving away free stuff, and more.
We at Bright Side believe that kindness makes the world a better place and think that the examples from this article will inspire you to do the same.
1. A Mexican company makes plastic cutlery and straws from avocado seeds that completely biodegrades in 240 days.
2. Vacation for non-smoking people
The Japanese company, Piala Inc. gives their non-smoking employees 6 additional vacation days to compensate for the time they work while their colleagues smoke.
3. Be My Eyes helps you become the eyes for the blind and partially blind to help them with their daily routines.
The company, Be My Eyes created an app that helps blind and partially blind people to get help from volunteers in solving everyday tasks at any time of day or night. The app functions in 180 languages and more than 1 million people have already installed it.
4. This company is hiring homeless people to help get them back on their feet.
5. This company makes it easy to give their clothes to multiple kids.
6. This coffee shop is helping to save the environment!
7. Suiting people up for interviews
8. “A message from a lawn mowing company after a big storm hit our city last night”
9. This supermarket has a quiet hour for those who may need it.
10. The shop owners realized that people might steal things because they really need them.
11. This German hardware store asking dog owners to bring their dogs inside because it’s too hot in the cars
12. This shop is offering free bottled water due to the extreme heat in St. Louis. Good job, humans!
13. This no-waste shop in Scotland offers free school uniforms.
14. “The restaurant I’m at has these coasters which you can turn around to see this. As someone who’s seen the effects of an abusive relationship, this is beautiful.”
15. The Danish beer company, Carlsberg got new packaging in order to reduce the use of plastic — the cans are glued together and then supported by a single strip of plastic.
16. This Korean company has a giant sports center on their roof for the employees to stay healthy.
17. This recyclable laundry detergent even has bottles that are recyclable.
18. Helping to smell gas
This energy company sends out a mailer that educates consumers on natural gas which includes a scratch and sniff for those who don’t know what natural gas smells like.
19. A small pizza place doing a big thing
For nearly 4 years, this pizza shop has given away over 142,498 slices of pizza worth about $70,000.
Have you ever encountered examples of selfless help from companies? Tell us about your experience in the comments.
Preview photo credit Be My Eyes