If it weren’t for the Australian swimmer and performer Annette Kellerman, it may have been only decades later that women would be able to wear one-piece swimsuits. She was arrested in 1907 because the swimsuit was considered to be unacceptable by society at that time. But now, we can’t imagine our summer without this essential gear! Maybe not everything that looks weird at first sight is really that strange.
At Bright Side, we invite you to check out some of the most unforgettable outfits and see how you feel about them.
1. Lady Gaga’s meat dress for the MTV VMAs in 2010
2. Nicki Minaj’s pom-pom dress
3. A head-shaped clutch is the hottest new trend.
4. A DIY trash bag dress that proves simplicity is everything!
really need sebastian errazuriz's teddy bear jacket in my life pic.twitter.com/BCph4XiHzL— poppy (@poppywhitdev_) August 19, 2013
Iris Van Herpen’s 3D-Printed “Ice” Dress is a “Frozen” Fan’s Dream https://t.co/DygGCcHEB4 #Fashion pic.twitter.com/dyHpjAAXgt— Fashion News (@FashionNewsUK) April 16, 2017
5. Because you’re never too old to have a teddy bear.
6. Chris Bakay’s retired jerseys
7. For a real Ice Queen
8. The ladies in these “face-kinis” seem to be planning a bank robbery.
9. Grace Jones’ insect-like white wonder
10. Iris Van Herpen: Runway — Paris Haute Couture, Fashion Week 2011
11. This sweet little watermelon:
12. Clothes made from IKEA store bags
13. Extremely ragged clothes
Which outfit did you like the most? Can you imagine yourself wearing these clothes? Share your impressions with us in the comments!
Preview photo credit poppywhitdev_ / Twitter, chris_bakay / Instagram