18 1 16 3 4k
You think you’ve seen all the scary wolves and spiders in movies? Well, there are more deadly and scary animals out there, living in different parts of the world, and they are nowhere close to being harmless.
We at Bright Side compiled a list of frightening animals that you’ll probably love having some more information about.
1. A cone snail’s strike is one of the quickest in the animal kingdom.
2. Dart frogs are known to engage in “wrestling matches” as a means of securing their dominance and territory.
3. Box jellyfish have about 24 eyes.
4. Black mambas are both arboreal and terrestrial, i.e., they live on trees and land.
5. Tsetse flies have been on earth for 35 million years.
6. Saltwater crocodiles can live for more than 70 years.
7. Cape Buffalo are often referred to as “the mafia” of the animal kingdom, because of their gaze and demeanor.
8. Pufferfish are like chameleons, they can change color.
9. There are more than 3,500 species of mosquitoes.
10. Sharks first appeared in the ocean around 455 million years ago. Here is one making its way through a school of fish.
11. Stonefish can survive for up to 24 hours out of water in the sand.
12. A lion’s roar can be heard from as far as 5 miles away.
13. Polar bears can smell their prey up to 35 miles away.
14. A hyena’s laugh can be heard up to 8 miles away.
15. Kissing bugs are also called “vampire bugs” because of their feeding habits.
Have you seen any of these animals? Have you snapped a picture of them? Do you know any rare facts about these animals that we didn’t mention? We would love it if you shared them with us in the comment section below.
Preview photo credit Scott Carr/Solent News/East News